On 27-28 June 2022 the OWHEEL consortium has organised the mid-term review meeting hosted by the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia. The attendees have not only reported about the intermediate project results but also participated in a memorable technical tour to Maserati Factory and the Enzo Ferrari Museum.
New paper “Variability of Gravel Pavement Roughness: An Analysis of the Impact on Vehicle Dynamic Response and Driving Comfort”, co-authored by OWHEEL fellows from VilniusTech and TU Ilmenau is published in Applied Sciences. The manuscript can be downloaded here: link
Special Session on Advanced Wheel Corner Concepts, which will be organized by OWHEEL participants within the framework of SAE 2022 World Congress Experience. The Special Session would like to outline recent trends in new vehicle chassis systems concepts and invites potential authors to submit the papers and presentations in the following topics:
– New variants of chassis architecture
– Active wheel corner systems, incl. active camber, toe, caster
– X-by-wire technologies in light of wheel corner design
– In-wheel motor as element of the wheel corner
– Active suspension design and ride comfort studies
– Redundancy, fail-safety, and dependability of vehicles with active chassis systems
– New materials for passive wheel corner concepts
– Integrated vehicle motion control with new chassis actuators
– Vehicle dynamics with specific wheel positioning (e.g. extra cambering).
The abstracts can be submitted here with indication for the session SS902.
The OWHEEL Project has participated in Thematic Panel “Green Transport” on the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Green Deal Cluster Event.