The OWHEEL participants from Vilnius Tech and TU Ilmenau has prepared a study on the driving comfort evaluation for gravel pavements. The dedicated paper is now under reviewing in the Applied Science journal. The preprint is already available here:
Special Session on Advanced Wheel Corner Concepts, which will be organized by OWHEEL participants within the framework of SAE 2022 World Congress Experience. The Special Session would like to outline recent trends in new vehicle chassis systems concepts and invites potential authors to submit the papers and presentations in the following topics:
– New variants of chassis architecture
– Active wheel corner systems, incl. active camber, toe, caster
– X-by-wire technologies in light of wheel corner design
– In-wheel motor as element of the wheel corner
– Active suspension design and ride comfort studies
– Redundancy, fail-safety, and dependability of vehicles with active chassis systems
– New materials for passive wheel corner concepts
– Integrated vehicle motion control with new chassis actuators
– Vehicle dynamics with specific wheel positioning (e.g. extra cambering).
The abstracts can be submitted here with indication for the session SS902.
The OWHEEL Project has participated in Thematic Panel “Green Transport” on the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Green Deal Cluster Event.
OWHEEL consortium is happy to re-launch activities after long lockdown period. This week Dr. Viktor Skrickij from VGTU started his secondment to TENNECO and will work on the benchmarking procedures for OWHEEL corner concepts.
The first OWHEEL secondment has been successfully finished. Hiroyuki Fuse (right) from the University of Tokyo performed research on the direct force control for an electric vehicle at TU Ilmenau under supervision of Valentin Ivanov (left).
Kick-off meeting of the project OWHEEL took a place on 27th January 2020. The consortium approved the work plan for the first year of the project and allocated interdisciplinary tasks to the partners.
The first official press release of the project OWHEEL is published by Tenneco. The press release can be read here.